News >> Media Releases
The Tasmanian Liberals will put in place one planning scheme for all developments in Tasmania – residential, commercial and industrial.More...
News >> Media Releases
The 2014-15 Budget delivers what we said it would before the election; it keeps our promises, delivers our Plan and it lays the foundations for the future.More...
First Ever Tasmanian Parliament Garage Sale
Thursday, 16 October 2014
I was delighted to host the Tasmanian Parliament's first ever garage sale today to promote the Garage Sale Trail which is taking place on Saturday, 25 October 2014. The national campaign aims to promote reuse and recycling, reduce landfill and facilitate fundraising by encouraging households,... Read more...
Oktoberfest comes to Hobart
Friday, 10 October 2014
The kegs have been tapped at Hobart’s inaugural Oktoberfest at Princes Wharf No. 1, signalling the start of the two day event. The Right Honourable Lord Mayor of Hobart, Alderman Damon Thomas and I officially opened Oktoberfest this afternoon and toasted to its success with one of the 14... Read more...
Presentation of National Medals
Wednesday, 8 October 2014
On behalf of the Liberal Government, I was pleased to present National Medals this afternoon to correctional staff in recognition of their dedication to the Tasmania Prison Service. The National Medal recognises long and diligent service by members of recognised government and voluntary... Read more...
Elise Archer stands for:
• a firm, fair and impartial approach to her role as Speaker of the House of Assembly;
• upholding the integrity of the House of Assembly and ensuring parliamentary conduct of all members is respectful;
• strong representation of the electorate of Denison and standing up for our community;
• fixing the budget mess left by the former Labor Green Government, keeping election promises and laying the foundation for the future, including by;
• rebuilding frontline services in our police service, hospitals and schools;
• investment in critical infrastructure, including our roads and community assets;
• eliminating disadvantage and improving standards of living;
• attracting investment, supporting initiatives to kickstart our economy and creating jobs;
• fair and equitable access to education, and encouraging young Tasmanians to achieve their full potential;
• introducing one state-wide planning scheme for a fairer, cheaper, simpler and faster planning system;
• supporting small businesses by reducing red tape;
• building on our competitive strengths and boosting tourism and hospitality in Tasmania;
• working with local government for better community and economic outcomes.