News >> Media Releases
The Tasmanian Liberals will put in place one planning scheme for all developments in Tasmania – residential, commercial and industrial.More...
News >> Media Releases
The 2014-15 Budget delivers what we said it would before the election; it keeps our promises, delivers our Plan and it lays the foundations for the future.More...
Boost for Tasmania's only ice rink
Saturday, 25 October 2014
Today I visited the Glenorchy Ice Rink to discuss planned improvements for the facility, including the purchase and installation of solar panels. The Liberal Government is providing $23,095 towards the upgrade, which was a commitment I secured for Denison during the election. The addition of solar... Read more...
WWI Headstones Unveiled
Friday, 24 October 2014
I was honoured to represent the Liberal Government at the official unveiling of nine headstones for World War One veterans at Cornelian Bay Cemetery this afternoon. The installation of gravestones for World War One veterans who rested in unmarked plots is being coordinated by the Tasmanian... Read more...
First Ever Tasmanian Parliament Garage Sale
Thursday, 16 October 2014
I was delighted to host the Tasmanian Parliament's first ever garage sale today to promote the Garage Sale Trail which is taking place on Saturday, 25 October 2014. The national campaign aims to promote reuse and recycling, reduce landfill and facilitate fundraising by encouraging households,... Read more...
Elise Archer stands for:
• a firm, fair and impartial approach to her role as Speaker of the House of Assembly;
• upholding the integrity of the House of Assembly and ensuring parliamentary conduct of all members is respectful;
• strong representation of the electorate of Denison and standing up for our community;
• fixing the budget mess left by the former Labor Green Government, keeping election promises and laying the foundation for the future, including by;
• rebuilding frontline services in our police service, hospitals and schools;
• investment in critical infrastructure, including our roads and community assets;
• eliminating disadvantage and improving standards of living;
• attracting investment, supporting initiatives to kickstart our economy and creating jobs;
• fair and equitable access to education, and encouraging young Tasmanians to achieve their full potential;
• introducing one state-wide planning scheme for a fairer, cheaper, simpler and faster planning system;
• supporting small businesses by reducing red tape;
• building on our competitive strengths and boosting tourism and hospitality in Tasmania;
• working with local government for better community and economic outcomes.