News >> Media Releases
The Tasmanian Liberals will put in place one planning scheme for all developments in Tasmania – residential, commercial and industrial.More...
News >> Media Releases
The 2014-15 Budget delivers what we said it would before the election; it keeps our promises, delivers our Plan and it lays the foundations for the future.More...
Tassie Specialists Tourism Conference
Friday, 19 September 2014
On behalf of the Liberal Government, this evening I am pleased to officially welcome more than 90 interstate travel agents from around the country to Hobart for the inaugural Tassie Specialists Conference from 19 – 21 September, 2014. Prior to their arrival, participants have undertaken... Read more...
Battle of Britain Commemorative Events
Saturday, 13 September 2014
Services will take place across Tasmania this weekend to mark the 74th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. I will be representing the Liberal Government at a Commemorative Church Service at St David’s Cathedral today and a Wreath Laying Service at the Hobart Cenotaph tomorrow. The services are... Read more...
Tasmanian engineering at its best
Thursday, 11 September 2014
Congratulations to Norske Skog on receiving the Overall Project Award at the Tasmania Engineering Excellence Awards 2014 Gala Dinner in Hobart this evening. I was honoured to present the award to Norske Skog in recognition of the company's $84.8 million project at its Boyer mill, which involved... Read more...
Elise Archer stands for:
• a firm, fair and impartial approach to her role as Speaker of the House of Assembly;
• upholding the integrity of the House of Assembly and ensuring parliamentary conduct of all members is respectful;
• strong representation of the electorate of Denison and standing up for our community;
• fixing the budget mess left by the former Labor Green Government, keeping election promises and laying the foundation for the future, including by;
• rebuilding frontline services in our police service, hospitals and schools;
• investment in critical infrastructure, including our roads and community assets;
• eliminating disadvantage and improving standards of living;
• attracting investment, supporting initiatives to kickstart our economy and creating jobs;
• fair and equitable access to education, and encouraging young Tasmanians to achieve their full potential;
• introducing one state-wide planning scheme for a fairer, cheaper, simpler and faster planning system;
• supporting small businesses by reducing red tape;
• building on our competitive strengths and boosting tourism and hospitality in Tasmania;
• working with local government for better community and economic outcomes.