News >> Media Releases
The Tasmanian Liberals will put in place one planning scheme for all developments in Tasmania – residential, commercial and industrial.More...
News >> Media Releases
The 2014-15 Budget delivers what we said it would before the election; it keeps our promises, delivers our Plan and it lays the foundations for the future.More...
Boost to Chinese New Year Festival in Hobart
Thursday, 22 January 2015
Today I was very pleased to join the Premier to announce funding towards the cost of hosting the 2015 Chinese New Year Festival in Hobart. The Chinese Community Association of Tasmania has been successful in applying for $4,000 from the Premier's Discretionary Fund. The festival to celebrate the... Read more...
Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal Patron
Wednesday, 17 December 2014
Today I was honoured to be named Chair of the Salvation Army's Red Shield Appeal in the Moonah and Glenorchy districts for 2015. The announcement was made by Salvation Army Captain, Scott Norman, at Northgate Shopping Centre, where we were joined by players for the Glenorchy Magpies (community... Read more...
Flag at half-mast at Parliament House, Hobart
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
The flag at Parliament House in Hobart is being flown at half-mast today as a mark of respect and mourning following the horrific siege in Sydney. My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of the innocent victims, as well as the surviving hostages who have gone through this unimaginably... Read more...
Elise Archer stands for:
• a firm, fair and impartial approach to her role as Speaker of the House of Assembly;
• upholding the integrity of the House of Assembly and ensuring parliamentary conduct of all members is respectful;
• strong representation of the electorate of Denison and standing up for our community;
• fixing the budget mess left by the former Labor Green Government, keeping election promises and laying the foundation for the future, including by;
• rebuilding frontline services in our police service, hospitals and schools;
• investment in critical infrastructure, including our roads and community assets;
• eliminating disadvantage and improving standards of living;
• attracting investment, supporting initiatives to kickstart our economy and creating jobs;
• fair and equitable access to education, and encouraging young Tasmanians to achieve their full potential;
• introducing one state-wide planning scheme for a fairer, cheaper, simpler and faster planning system;
• supporting small businesses by reducing red tape;
• building on our competitive strengths and boosting tourism and hospitality in Tasmania;
• working with local government for better community and economic outcomes.